Managed Services Engineer (1st/2nd Line Support)
You will be working as part of a self-managing, multi-skilled team, collaborating to ensure that you consistently deliver an excellent service to an assigned group of clients. You will be exposed to a wide range of clients with various technologies, of different complexities and scales. You will work with the end users directly, offering technical support to them via telephone, email and through the ticketing system.
- 1st and 2nd line technical support for hardware and software related issues
- Taking ownership of tickets through to resolution
- Accurate and detailed recording of tickets in the helpdesk system
- Work to SLA timeframes, escalating where necessary
- Ensure regular and timely communications with clients to manage expectations
- Commitment to consistently delivering an outstanding service
- Some site visits to client sites, as required
- Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to find technical solutions to resolve issues
- Strong system, software and hardware diagnostics, fault finding and problem-solving ability
- Office 365, including SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive
- Experience of Hosted / Cloud managed environments
- Windows Server roles and administration
- Experience of server virtualisation technologies using Hyper-V or VMware
- Experience of server implementations, device imaging and deployment
- Experience of backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Basic Networking skills
- Knowledge of Firewall and WAN technologies.
- Experience of VoIP systems would be advantageous
You will be a talented, reliable, responsible and genuine person who is passionate about technology but also enjoys understanding and dealing with people. As well as being both self-motivated and self-disciplined, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Able to work to within tight time scales and deadlines within a team and under their own initiative
- Capable of managing and prioritising their own workload
- Excellent at communicating, whether it’s face to face, on the telephone or on email
- Able to confidently talk with non-technical people without technical jargon, and able to build and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Able to understand when issues should be escalated
- Eager to learn, with an ability to self-teach in areas of uncertainty
- Committed to delivering an outstanding service, with a strong customer service ethos
- Able to drive, with a full UK driving licence
Working at San-iT
We’re an open and friendly team that succeeds through collaboration and knowledge sharing. We encourage a culture of ideas and initiative, and we’re passionate about helping our clients embrace technology.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, dependent on experience, but we offer more than this. Being a People First organisation, we value our team and believe in rewarding our people. We offer a range of benefits including a generous holiday entitlement, day off for your birthday, 4-week paid sabbatical after 5 years of service, profit share, Bupa cash plan membership, hybrid working and 2 ‘Sanity Days’ per year.
Think you could be one of the team? Apply now.