Lead Identity and Security Architect
The Lead Identity and Security Architect reports to the Managing Director in a hands-on role focused on the security architecture in the IAM space supporting cloud services. The architect works directly with Cyber Team, Sales and Operational resources through collaboration and mentoring to shape the cloud IAM capabilities for the Business.
The Lead Identity and Security Architect’s role is a technical position which will support the development of security strategies and architecture vision as it relates to the Business’s cloud and infrastructure initiatives, specifically setting the direction for IAM as it relates to cloud. The Lead Identity and Security Architect will work with other Engineers and Service Owners to provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronised with the ever changing business needs.
- Subject-matter expertise across all IAM topics as it relates to both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology, and the relationship between the architectures.
- Drive the adoption of Authentication and Authorization reference architectures for existing, new and emerging IAM technologies.
- Drive the adoption of creative solutions to address complex, global IAM problems.
- Participate in Identity and Access Management enterprise governance processes and drive IAM standards adoption.
- Develop effective architecture solutions that not only satisfy immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent, reusable, reliable and phased architecture to help the business grow and change while aligning to strategic vision.
- Create, maintain and align the Business’s Information Security policies and standards with industry best practices and business needs in the adoption of cloud services and technologies.
- Represent Information Security on organizational project teams and ensure adherence to existing security policies and standards.
- Manage the successful technical delivery of Information Security projects and services for our customers by working directly with key business stakeholders, executives and project teams. Security architects are often the technical lead on initiatives and as such must drive the vision and alignment of the solution delivery. This is not a project manager role.
- Review and management of technical security roadmaps related to cloud security and IAM within a cloud security context.
- Deliver technical security configuration architecture expertise in implementing cross-organizational information sharing.
- Develop solutions and recommendations for issues caused by process challenges, emerging threats and technology changes.
- Anticipating possible security threats and identifying areas of weakness in network systems
- Respond promptly and effectively to possible breaches of security.
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Developing project timelines for ongoing system upgrades
- Ensuring all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role
- As a senior member of the IT team, cultivating a culture of security awareness, and arranging continuing education of personnel to ensure security policies are adhered to at all times.
Analytical/decision making responsibilities
The individual in this role must be able to understand and interpret identity and access management strategies and direction. Further, the person must be able to bring together key tenets of Information Security to the IAM cloud strategies and develop technical security solutions that properly align. The Architect will contribute to the overall effort of the IAM direction of the Business.
Knowledge, skills, and experience requirements
The individual in this role must be well educated in general aspects of Information Security, namely:
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certifications or equivalent.
- Experience architecting IAM solutions within Microsoft Azure and, preferably, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud providers.
- Intimately familiar with IAM related protocols such as SAML, SPML, XACML, SCIM, OpenID and OAuth.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Federation concepts and technologies particularly with solutions from ADFS and Ping Identity.
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation and security.
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Azure, particularly Azure AD and architecture designs connecting Azure to enterprise infrastructure.
- Strong experience with Directories, SSO, Federation, Delegated administration, API gateways, SOA services.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Excellent customer service and communication (oral / written) skills required.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to think “out of the box” required.
- Must be able to work independently or with a team, under minimum supervision.
- Consults to key customers and senior management on project design and development scope.
- Assists customer organizations with planning and implementing complex architecture solutions.
Desired skills include
- Expert level experience in Cloud Authentication and Access management Services.
- Expert level experience in cloud solution development with Azure, AWS, Google, or other relevant cloud solution architectures.
- Good understanding of Multi-Factor authentication and Privileged Access Management
- 2-3 years of software development experience is desirable.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of networking technologies such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls etc.
Working at San-iT
We’re an open and friendly team that succeeds through collaboration and knowledge sharing. We encourage a culture of ideas and initiative, and we’re passionate about helping our clients embrace technology.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, dependent on experience, but we offer more than this. Being a People First organisation, we value our team and believe in rewarding our people. We offer a range of benefits including a generous holiday entitlement, day off for your birthday, 4-week paid sabbatical after 5 years of service, profit share, Bupa cash plan membership, hybrid working and 2 ‘Sanity Days’ per year.
Feel like you'd fit right in? Apply now.