Projects & Escalations Engineer
You will be responsible for taking a lead role in the planning and delivery of a broad range of Cloud Infrastructure projects, predominantly within Microsoft 365.
You will work with a wide range of small and medium-sized businesses. Projects that we have been involved recently include:
- SharePoint online migrations
- On-premise to Azure Cloud migrations
- Microsoft Office 365 migrations
- Data centre migrations
- VoIP telephony rollouts
- Microsoft Productivity Suite migrations and rollouts
You will work closely with the Client Success Managers and the Sales team to help businesses work smarter, operate safer and think bigger through adopting Cloud technologies.
You will be working collaboratively as part of a self-managing, multi-skilled team to ensure that you consistently deliver an outstanding service to your assigned clients.
You will also be required to be an escalation point for the team and provide coaching to our Managed Service Engineers where necessary.
- Experience of project management and delivery
- Office 365, SharePoint, EM+S and the Microsoft product stack
- Experience of Hosted / Cloud managed environments
- Experience of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage
- Strong Windows Server knowledge of roles and administration, along with implementation
- Awareness of database systems (MS SQL, MySQL) including installation / deployment
- Strong system, software and hardware diagnostics, fault finding and problem-solving ability
- Server Virtualisation using Hyper-V or VMware
- Experience of server implementations, device imaging and deployment
- Networking – VPNs, VLANs, LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, Fundamentals
- Firewall and WAN technologies
- Backup and recovery solutions
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills with ability to take on unknown technologies
- Experience of a fast-paced support environment, ideally with a Managed Service Provider
- Microsoft Certified Administrator, Expert, MCSA and MCSE qualifications would be an advantage
You will be a talented, reliable, responsible and genuine person who is passionate about technology but also enjoys understanding and dealing with people. As well as being both self-motivated and self-disciplined, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Able to work to within tight time scales and deadlines within a team and under their own initiative
- Capable of managing and prioritising their own workload, with strong organisation skills
- Security focused whilst being aware of vulnerabilities and threats
- Excellent at communicating, whether it’s face to face, on the telephone or on email
- Able to confidently talk with non-technical people without technical jargon, and able to build and maintain good relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Calm under pressure and a tenacious problem solver
- Passionate about delivering results
- A quick thinker and able to effectively coach people
- Able to recognise and understand when issues should be escalated
- Eager to learn with an ability to self-teach in areas of uncertainty
- Commercially and financially aware
- Committed to delivering an outstanding service, with a drive to develop and improve
- Of a positive and enthusiastic mindset and attitude, with a desire to make a difference
- Able to drive, with a full UK driving licence
Working at San-iT
We’re an open and friendly team that succeeds through collaboration and knowledge sharing. We encourage a culture of ideas and initiative, and we’re passionate about helping our clients embrace technology.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, dependent on experience, but we offer more than this. Being a People First organisation, we value our team and believe in rewarding our people. We offer a range of benefits including a generous holiday entitlement, day off for your birthday, 4-week paid sabbatical after 5 years of service, profit share, Bupa cash plan membership, hybrid working and 2 ‘Sanity Days’ per year.
Feel like you'd fit right in? Apply now.