Manchester Life Development Company is the residential property development company owned by Manchester City Council and Abu Dhabi United Group, which is driving the sympathetic and sustainable redevelopment of Ancoats and New Islington into vibrant and inclusive communities.
The multi-phased Manchester Life initiative combines the best of public and private sector expertise to set a new benchmark for residential property development in Manchester by planning, financing, developing and managing a portfolio of high quality homes that will support the emergence of east Manchester.
Phase one of Manchester Life will provide more than 1,000 predominantly privately rented homes, helping to fulfil the demand for high quality residential accommodation, in line with Manchester’s residential growth strategy to provide tens of thousands of new homes by 2027.Download now
The strategic solution
San-iT were called in to install a fully managed network and Wi-Fi Solution to offer a corporate network for Manchester Life staff on the concierge desk and for their maintenance team to be able to have Wi-Fi access on tablets throughout the development.
- VOIP telephony has also been installed throughout the development.
- In addition to this, a guest network was to be setup to allow residents and visitors temporary access to public Wi-Fi which boasts full content filtering systems to ensure all content is secure.
- Finally, San-iT have fully networked all the equipment in the on-site gym to enable residents to securely browse the web and access applications through the equipment.
- San-iT worked closely with the internet provider, Hyperoptic who offer Gigabit connectivity to all Manchester Life Developments.
Manchester Life now have a fully managed wired and wireless network throughout their Cotton Field Wharf development.
- Wi-Fi coverage throughout the development allows the team to be constantly connected to vital systems to ensure the maintenance teams can resolve issues quickly and report back to residents in real time.
- Enterprise level security and content filtering systems ensure that all users can browse safely and the Hyperoptic connectivity delivers Gigabit connectivity for a seamless and speedy service to all residents and staff.
We can’t recommend them highly enoughNeil Collins Neil Collins Architecture