It’s been a bit of an unusual year for everybody, and here at San-iT it’s been no different. Adjusting to a new normal brings a variety of challenges, but perhaps the biggest challenge to many businesses, alongside ensuring that they remain productive, is to ensure that team culture remains intact.
With that in mind, it was a real pleasure to hold our annual San-iT team awards this month – hosted in the office and followed with a slap-up meal at one of our favourite Italian restaurants.
We were really pleased to be able to see our colleagues together and (mostly) in-person again, and even more delighted to present awards to our team – some serious, some silly – beginning with the two biggest awards of the evening: the Customer Service Award and the Team Player Award.
The Customer Service Award is voted for by our employees and is awarded to a team member who consistently goes above and beyond, and meets and exceeds our high standards of customer service.
The winner this year was Joe Harris, who received some wonderful plaudits from his colleagues. Joe ‘goes above and beyond for our customers’ works hard and has the ‘customer at the forefront of his mind’ when making decisions on a daily basis. Congratulations Joe!
Following on from that, was the Team Player award, given to the person who works most consistently in the best interests of the team, its goals and its team members. The award was won by Kevin Thetford, who has been described as ‘always supportive and accommodating’, and ‘always on hand to assist with anything and everything’. Congratulations Kevin!
In addition to this, Kevin also won the ‘Coach of the Year’ award for being a great mentor and support to the team. So well done on your double, Kevin!
Our Employee of the Year this year, as voted by the team, was Amarjit Singh – a tireless worker who delivers great service to our clients, our team, and across all levels of the business to help us reach our goals. Amarjit is always going out of his way for customers to ensure all work and projects are completed to the highest possible standards, and has always shown willingness to help, advise and coach other team members no matter what he’s doing. Congratulations Amarjit! Whilst you couldn’t be there in person to accept the award, we couldn’t be prouder.
In addition to this, we also had several other awards to celebrate the diversity of skills and values that the team at San-iT embodies and brings to the table.
- Data Demon of the Year was won by our Finance Manager Cat, who loves an Excel spreadsheet
- The Random Knowledge Award was won by Matt, because he just seems to retain and share the most random knowledge imaginable with the team!
- Our Office Superwoman is Emma, for managing to hold down two jobs whilst being a mum to four children.
- During lockdown, we set up a Rate My Plate group on Microsoft Teams to share our highs and lows in the kitchen. Tom Howden blew us away with his culinary creations to snag this award, and we’re hoping this will spur him on to creating more delicious culinary delights with the team. It’s not bribery – we promise!
- Finally, our Office Bookworm Award went to Lou, who is always reading business books so that she can develop new ideas and processes and make sure we’re working smarter and thinking bigger for our clients.
We are hugely proud of our team, and all their achievements over what has been a challenging period. Congratulations once again to all the award winners. Let’s see who will be in pole position next year!
If you have a technology challenge our fantastic team of experts are on hand.
Get in touch with us today. We’d love to hear from you.