What is VoIP?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. In simple terms, VoIP is a method of making telephone calls over the internet.
How VoIP Calls are Made
In order to make a VoIP call, all you need is a good quality internet connection and the software needed to make the call.
What are the Benefits of VoIP?
- Reduce your costs – One of the main benefits of VoIP is the savings. You not only save money on installation, calls themselves are also significantly less than on a landline. This is particularly beneficial if you make a lot of international calls.
- Replace old technology – VoIP essentially replaces the old phone system from your office, offering a much superior solution. It also means…
- …no hardware – which means no expensive hardware maintenance costs!
- Disaster recovery solution – If your company depends on telephone calls, it could be detrimental to business if they stop working or become damaged, whether it’s a flat battery or fire in your call centre. No matter what happens with VoIP you are able to take calls anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Adaptable – VoIP can shrink and grow with your company so you don’t end up pay for services you are not using.
- Affordable – VoIP offers a very low CapEx cost and only requires a monthly commitment.
- Free voicemail to email service – With VoIP you can choose to have calls forwarded on to your voicemail, which can then be accessed via email.
- Call recording – With VoIP you also have the option to record conversations to play back or download onto your database. With an easy setup, this is a helpful feature for any business which needs to protect or monitor important phone calls.
- Move over without a hitch – San-iT can gradually migrate your system, causing the least amount of disruption possible to your business.
- Easy maintenance – The great thing about VoIP? It takes just one call to us if you have any issues or want to make any changes!
As you can see, VoIP systems offer loads of benefits for businesses, but they are also reliant on a number of external factors such as your internet connection. For this reason, it’s essential to work with a company who can improve your internet connection, help reduce costs and monitor the system for you.
If you’d like more information on VoIP and how we can make your transition as pain-free as possible, get in touch with our friendly team today on 0800 084 2575.